Disney’s Toy Story 3 Bust Bank of Buzz Lightyear is a typical lightweight PVC plastic bank… except that it’s Buzz Lightyear! At nearly 7 inches in height, 6 wide and 5 deep, it’s a good size for storing a few coins in. Not so big as to be trouble when full, and reasonable that a child could fill one up.
It’s hyped as good for children and for adults; i.e. office space, room decor. Personally, I disagree. I think it’s great for kids. Wonderful way to encourage saving, and the children have an honest hope of filling it up before college…
The art is nice and clean, the sculpt looks accurate. Coin slot on his back, and a plastic stopper on the bottom for releasing the coins.
What I don’t like, is it’s very obviously of ‘toy’ quality. Honestly, as a collector and an adult, If I kept a Buzz Lightyear bank in my office, I’d want a more elegant look. Maybe cold-cast porcelain, of a stylized metal design. Sure, it would be more expensive, but it would also look appropriate in an adult’s office or computer room.
Nothing wrong with it, the pvc plastic is perfect for children. A bit of flex, it’s not going to break when dropped. Softer surfaces also means it’s generally safer for youngsters. There’s no need to glorify it into something it’s not.
Final thoughts: I like it for what it is – a child’s Buzz Lightyear toy bank. If you’ve got a budding space ranger on your hands, and want to teach about saving money, this is a no-brainer!
Amazon.com Price: (as of 2017-05-26 12:58:47 GMT) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Accessorize your office with great details with the newest Bust Banks – Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Bust Bank – Buzz Lightyear. This item is a great gift for students and professionals who still love toys! Great detailed sculpts are sure to be a great conversation piece on a shelf or desk top and are fully functional to hold spare change or to be used as a paperweight.
The Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Bust Bank – Buzz Lightyear features:
- Conveniently sized at 5.5 W x 4.5 D x 7.5 H, you can place Banks anywhere: desks, book shelves, etc.
- The attention to details is impeccable.
- Made of PVC, the bank will be a show piece but still fully functional bank that can be filled with change.
- Wont become too heavy when filled with change
Disney & Pixar`s Toy Story series has followed the misadventures of a boy`s toys. Now on the third installment of the series Toy Story 3 follows Buzz Lightyear and Woody in their quest to be reunited with their boy Andy. Andy now 18 is packing to go off to college and packs his toys away in a box to be placed in the attic for storage, his mother throws them in the trash. Jesse decides to take charge of their own destiny and convinces the toys to stow away in a donation box heading for a day care center. Sunnyside Day Care holds new faces and chances for new friends, but friends turn out to be enemies. In their adventures they find out that Andy is looking for them and the story follows their quest to reach Andy. Toy Story 3 opens June 18,2010.
- Functional bank features coin slot on back and removable cap lock on bottom
- Conveniently sized at approximately 7″ tall, you can place the Toy Story 3 banks anywhere: desks, book shelves and etc
- The attention to details is impeccable
- Made of roto plastic, the bank will not become too heavy to carry once it is filled with change, it’s a great place for anyone to keep their spare change
- Toy Story 3 Banks feature Andy’s favorite toys – Buzz Lightyear and Woody the cowboy – functional as bank and make great desk accessories too